Items You’ll Need
To ensure you have everything you need for your tax return filing, be sure to review this checklist of items to bring and, for your convenience, print a copy here.
REQUIRED items to bring:
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and any dependents you are claiming.
- If filing a joint return, your spouse must be present.
- Photo ID for yourself and spouse (if filing jointly).
- Social Security Cards, SSA-1099 or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for yourself, your spouse and any dependent you will be claiming.
Additional items you may need:
- Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments (Letter 6419).
- All wage and earnings statements, W-2, W-2G & 1099 from all employers.
- Bank routing and account numbers if you want to direct-deposit your return (a check will have this information on it).
- Educational Expenses.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Statement (1095-A).
- Total paid for daycare and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number.
- Unemployment compensation statement (1099-G). You can obtain your 1099-G here.
- Any other information about income and/or expenses. See this checklist for other items you may need.
* If you believe you will be eligible for Wisconsin Homestead Credit, available to qualifying Wisconsin residents with an income under $24,680, you will also need:
- Child Support received during the year you are filing.
- Social Security benefits received during the tax year, including:
- Federal & State SSI amounts.
- Caretaker Supplemental Payments.
- Wisconsin Works payments.
- Your property tax bill or rent certificate.