The iconic picture of a good neighbor is one that is ready to lend you a cup of sugar when you come knocking. Although the modern ideal of neighborliness has changed over time, Goodwill NCW is still ready to provide a hand up to neighbors in need throughout north central Wisconsin. One of the ways we do that is through our GoodNeighbor voucher program.
This National Good Neighbor Day (September 28), we invite you to learn more about the program and how you can help support it.
- Goodwill NCW’s GoodNeighbor program, which includes Back-to-School vouchers, aids individuals and families who need emergency assistance due to difficult life events, natural disasters or other challenging circumstances.
- Through partnerships with community organizations, vouchers are distributed to individuals and families to help them as they work toward financial stability. Vouchers can be redeemed at Goodwill NCW locations for clothes, shoes, furniture and other essential items.
- As part of this program, Goodwill NCW also provides items to local community organizations for struggling individuals receiving their services.
- In 2022, Goodwill NCW’s GoodNeighbor program provided more than $650,000 in merchandise to people experiencing challenging circumstances or natural disasters in north central Wisconsin.
- Due to a high demand for GoodNeighbor vouchers in 2023, applications for new distribution partners are paused and will be considered in 2024. If your organization serves people who may qualify and would like to apply to be a partner in future years, please visit our GoodNeighbor webpage.
Thanks to our good neighbors—YOU and others in our communities who shop, donate gently-used items and Round Up or donate financially at the register to support Goodwill NCW—we were able to provide this program to help families who needed basic household items. Thank you!