Nothing beats wearing a one-of-a-kind item. Rock your style with a self-painted look with this thrifted DIY painted denim jacket.
DIY Painted Denim Jacket Steps
- Denim jacket (Washed and prepped for painting)
- Acrylic paint or fabric paint in multiple colors
- Painters tape
Grab a denim jacket from your local Goodwill thrift store and let the creativity take flight with a unique design to express yourself.
Decide on your design. Do you want color blocks? An abstract sunshine? If the jacket has unique stitching you can use those areas for ideas and inspiration in your design.
Here are some tips:
- If you have a darker denim jacket and you want your colors to pop then paint a layer of white paint first to serve as a base coat.
- Let your base coat dry before painting a colorful pattern on top.
- You also can use painters tape to create clean edges.
- If you want to paint on the front and back, wait a full 24-hour dry time before moving the jacket to work on another portion of it.
Wait until your paint is completely dry (we suggest 24 hours) before wearing your jacket.