Ready to pick up a cool new-to-you pair of boots or shoes from your local Goodwill NCW store? Before taking them out on their first stroll around the block, check out these 3 helpful tips to make your shoes shine. They’ll be sure to look brand new!
Shoes are made out of two main materials: leather and canvas. Although there are different approaches to cleaning shoes, the most common is with a damp cloth and some soap or detergent. It’s simple, yet effective.
Browse our wide selection of boots starting at $7.99. When you find your perfect pair, here are tips for sprucing up the leather:
- Gently clean using -a dry brush with a medium bristle-.
- Fill a container with warm water, add a little dish soap, scrub, then rinse.
- Let the boots air dry.
Optional: Finish the process with a leather conditioner to protect and prolong the life of your boots.
Canvas shoes are a great go-to for everyday wear. Check out the options available in our stores, starting at $5.99, then brighten up your new canvas shoes using these tips:
- Fill a gallon bucket with warm water and add a mild detergent of your choice. Make sure to do a spot test on an inconspicuous area of the shoe to avoid discoloration.
- Soak the canvas shoe in the solution for about 30 minutes.
- Scrub the whole shoe, then rinse.
- Let air dry.
Bonus: Are suede shoes more your style? We can help with those, too! Use suede shoe dye for a great way to give them new life.
- Follow the directions on the suede shoe dye bottle.
- More than one application may be necessary. Make sure to allow drying time between applications.
- To keep your refreshed suede shoes looking great, apply a shoe waterproofing product.
Voila! You have great looking new-to-you shoes that are ready to show off!