Miracle League of the Fox Valley
Player registration is open from February 14 – March 13.
There’s something about the game that lights up a child’s eyes. And, through the Miracle League, it’s an experience every child can enjoy alongside their peers. It is an amazing program for the entire family!
- Teams play one game a week on the same night each week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday).
- Games are at 5:30 and 7 p.m. each night.
- The season is played June through July with no games the week of July 4.
- Every player is paired with a volunteer (buddy).
- The rules are simple – everyone hits, everyone get on base, everyone crosses home plate.
- Every game is two innings long.
- Players have the option to hit off a tee or receive pitches.
- When on defense, players have the option to retrieve hits or engage with their buddy (i.e. play catch, sit and talk, etc.).
- Games start with the national anthem and end with congratulatory high fives.
- There are no team practices.
- All games are played at the John Wollner Fox Cities Miracle Field in Memorial Park in Appleton, Wis.
- The field is custom designed and fully accessible, allowing every player the opportunity to be successful.
The league’s volunteers give families the freedom to just be fans. Each player is accompanied by a community volunteer (buddy) on the field to assist and encourage the player. The league assigns a buddy to each player for the season or families can provide their own buddy based on the player’s needs. This is a one-to-one pairing that will last the entire season. This partnership benefits both the player and the buddy; they’ll share the love of baseball and create a lasting friendship.
The cost to participate is $45 per player ($40 per player if a family has multiple children in the league), which includes a Major League Baseball look-alike team jersey, baseball cap, professional team photo, end-of-season award and player insurance. Team sponsors and scholarship donors help defray the cost for any family that may have a hardship in paying the registration fee. No player will be turned away for the inability to pay.
For a player scholarship form or additional information about registration, please contact [email protected].